[mythtv-users] Better listings for Schedules Direct users. Free! (was Re: another scheduling strangeness/question)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Sep 1 21:05:59 UTC 2010

  On 09/01/2010 08:30 AM, David Asher wrote:
> On Sep 1, 2010, at 2:16 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 09/01/2010 01:39 AM, Ozzy Lash wrote:
>>> I looked at the listings at one point during the run through mythweb,
>>> and they were all cleared, which worried me about using this option
>>> all the time.  What would happen a recording was to start during this
>>> interval?
>> That I can't tell you.  If the scheduler runs without any listings in the database, it won't record anything.  In truth, though, if your system is taking 45mins to complete the run, you are probably better equipped to test that "what if" than anyone else, since you have such a large working time in which to put the recording start.  :)  I'd be very interested to see your results.
> Does --dd-grab-all handle the table update differently than the --refresh variants?  I don't recall the tables being cleared (and therefore the listings going empty) for an extended period of time using the old arguments.  Of course, I haven't paid this close attention to a mythfilldatabase run in years.

No, the difference is that the default refresh does a single day at a
time.  Therefore, it deletes 24 hrs worth of listings, then populates
them, then deletes 24 hrs worth of listings, then populates them, etc.
The --dd-grab-all refresh deletes the listings, then populates them, and
the blank listings are much more noticeable because it takes longer to
delete and repopulate all 14 days (and, for some users, /much/ longer :).

Mike