[mythtv-users] Who's going to be the first?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Sep 2 15:31:56 UTC 2010

jedi wrote:

>     Even something as simple as some home videos can be legacy content.
>
>     Apple's approach to content is infact user hostile when it comes to
>basic simple things that an end user might have lying around. You don't
>have to be a "geek" to have some video files that you might have created
>or saved or gotten from someone else.

Ahh, but Apple have that sewn up too - you import it into iMovie,
export it in the right format, and then stream it through your Apple
TV. I think that we can expect updates to all the relevant i<stuff>
to add the right support bits, if it's not already there, so once you
have it on your computer it's "one click" to make it available to
your Apple TV.

As others have said, for some years, all of Apple's moves have been
towards a closed and locked down ecosystem where you buy their
hardware, run their software, and get all your media through their
services. Anything else is made as hard as they can get away with -
kind of like Sky over here, UK users will recognise that's their
model as well.

--
Simon Hobson