[mythtv-users] directv.pl channel_sd_hd issues

Bob Gamble kiksadiweb at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 22:03:19 UTC 2010

I may have originated the change to this script for the problem you're
experiencing.  Before I had HD, I noticed the signal strength was much lower
on HD channels (something like <60).  I emailed the creator of the
script...his page is at http://www.pdp8.net/directv/directv.shtml.

I would run the directv.pl get_signal on both the hd and the non-hd
channels.  At the time, I did notice the strength was much weaker on the hd
channel because I did not have hd.  After the gentleman modified the script
for this problem, I tested it and adjusted the signal strength value to a
level I knew would fail on hd channels.  At that point things worked great.

As for the 2 before channel 356, I believe this says you are using your
second tuner card, or something to that effect.  It is normal.

I hope this helps.