[mythtv-users] Problems with armv5tel and hdpvr SOLVED

MacLaren, James M maclaren at tulane.edu
Thu Sep 2 23:34:20 UTC 2010

I needed to edit hdpvr-video.c to add to add buf->urb->transfer_flags |= URB_NO_TRANSFER_DMA_MAP after the call to usb_fill_bulk_urb.  Now I can capture just fine.
I noticed in the linux device driver book that line was added too.

the code block is:

                usb_fill_bulk_urb(buf->urb, dev->udev,
                                  usb_rcvbulkpipe(dev->udev,
                                                  dev->bulk_in_endpointAddr),
                                  mem, dev->bulk_in_size,
                                  hdpvr_read_bulk_callback, buf);

                buf->urb->transfer_flags |= URB_NO_TRANSFER_DMA_MAP;  // added JMM
                buf->status = BUFSTAT_AVAILABLE;

HTH others
James