[mythtv-users] TiVo Slide Remote, Linux and Scan Codes

Wayne Thomas waynethomas69 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 05:26:00 UTC 2010

> 1) Hack USB HID kernel support for non-working keys
>
> The dmesg output references a hidraw device tied to the "USB HID
> Keypad". Reading from this device (e.g. /dev/hidraw5), I get results for
> all keys on the remote. I'm taking this as a good thing. ;)
>
> I'm assuming that modifications could be made to the usbhid module to
> handle these keys. I'm guessing the code in hid-quirks.c is related to
> this type of challenge.
>
> Does this make sense? Anyone have a good guide for making these types of
> tweaks?

I recently added a patch to the hid-topseed driver to do exactly what
you are trying to do (capture keys on a remote that weren't recognised
out of the box).
There is a good chance that your remote uses the same usage-page
(0xffbc) as there have been a few appearing recently, you probably
need to do exactly the same thing.  Use hexdump to view the output of
a the hidraw device for couple of the non-working keys and I will see
if you are in the same boat.

Cheers
Wayne