[mythtv-users] Who's going to be the first?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Sep 3 07:26:52 UTC 2010

jedi wrote:

>  > >> Ahh, but Apple have that sewn up too - you import it into iMovie,
>>  >
>>  >    No you don't. iMovie just barfs on it.
>>  >
>>  >    Most people aren't in a good position to see this for themselves.
>>  >

>>  So your camcorder isn't one of the few hundred supported by iMovie?
>>  https://support.apple.com/kb/HT3290
>
>     I was talking about FILES.
>
>     This is not the "we've already bought into only ever using Apple
>devices for anything we do" use case.

Does not compute, those files don't exist within the RDF (Reality
Distortion Field). iMovie can handle all file types that exist in
Apple's world - as you hint at in a later message.

:D

That's a big sarcastic smilie aimed at Apple BTW.

I would imagine that if you add the right codec on the Mac then it
will read them - much as on other systems you can end up with stuff
that needs another codec adding.

But remember - you and I are no longer Apple's market, we don't
count. Apple are after the other 90% who don't know about codecs,
don't want to know, and just want to plug in and "it works". If a few
bits of ancient history (:-/) are left behind, well that's tough - no
room for non-conformists in the brave new world.
--
Simon Hobson