[mythtv-users] Who's going to be the first?

digid myth digidmyth at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 13:23:47 UTC 2010

I am going to order one, I currently do not have an apple TV, but this looks
interesting.

I am a Unix geek from way back, anyone remember the 3B2, and NCR Towers? I
have a linux server at the house that backs up all of our Mac's, does other
server stuff and runs Myth which we enjoy. We use it to watch all or movies,
and OTA recordings. That said, we are also an apple household. Multiple
Mac's, ipods, iphones, ipad's etc. When you spend your day running down
computer problems, it is nice to come home and not have to deal with Windows
computers not working. The Mac's just work, and my family enjoys the tight
integration of all the software with the apple devices. We all use iTunes to
handle our music, and Myth for video. I have no plans to replace our MythTV
setup with this thing, but it would be nice to stream music to it. For
100.00 it is just another toy, but it does have possibilities.

Don't knock the Apple products! Yes they cost more, but most good things in
live do. Everyone that I know that has switched to a Mac loves it, and would
not consider going back to a Microsoft world. I Love linux for my servers,
and would not give that up, but for the workstation there is no other good
solution in my mind.

Dale