[mythtv-users] Problems with armv5tel and hdpvr SOLVED

MacLaren, James M maclaren at tulane.edu
Fri Sep 3 13:25:41 UTC 2010

>> I needed to edit hdpvr-video.c to add to add buf->urb->transfer_flags
|=
>> URB_NO_TRANSFER_DMA_MAP after the call to usb_fill_bulk_urb.  Now I
can
>> capture just fine.
>> I noticed in the linux device driver book that line was added too.

>Thanks! There are a few of us running Myth on Plug computers now, so
>it's great that one of the most popular tuners is now confirmed to
>work. Have you considered submitting a patch to the Myth devs, or at
>least a Trac ticket?

I let Janne Grunau know and will post it to the linux-media listserve

>Also, I'm curious if you're capturing to a USB HD, eSATA HD, or NAS
>with this tuner?

I had mythtv running and then lost the disk drive (grr) and am now
reinstalling this weekend on a new drive either by hand or using your
image (I will need to compile the driver again though in that case).  I
wanted to check that I could get the hd-pvr working first which now it
does!  I am capturing to a usb hdd.  As I use a number of these cheap
low energy media players (patriot box office, asus oplay,...) I don't
worry about commercial flagging so the dockstar will be fine as a
backend.