[mythtv-users] Samba File shares to mythbackend

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 3 15:14:27 UTC 2010

  I have a pretty decent mythtv setup on  a combination
frontend/backend.  I've recently resurrected another frontend and have
come across a simple enough problem and was looking for some advice.
It's setup so that the remote frontend can wake up the backend, that
works great, the problem is that I'd like to have the media files
(non-recordings) available on the frontend, so I shared them on the
backend and mounted them on the front end, that also works great.  I've
went as far as adding the mount to the fstab file.  Here's where the
problem comes up, if the backend is already on everything works great,
if the frontend has to wake the back end the shares doesn't get mounted
because fstab is processed before the backend is booted.  I'm sure
someone else has done something like this and I would appreciate any
insight to this problem.  Thanks.
BTW:
Mythtv 0.23.1 on Gentoo 2.6.35-r4