[mythtv-users] Who's going to be the first?

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 15:39:16 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 9:18 AM, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 03, 2010 at 08:43:47AM -0400, Phil Bridges wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 11:51 PM, Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > >>
> > > Holy Energizer Bunny thread....  Just keeps going and going....  How
> about
> > > we discuss MythTV and related topics again on the mythtv-users list? :)
> > > Just a thought.
> >
> > Yeah - I totally didn't intend *this* discussion when I started the
> > thread.  I just wanted to know if anybody was going to slap a
> > Mythfrontend on it.
>
>    It probably doesn't have the hardware for that. It might make a good
> backend though, something to attach to an HD-PVR and use as a dedicated
> slave recording box.

Has the spec's been released yet for what's inside?  I have the original
AppleTV i got on clearance for $60.00.  Makes a nice FE in the bedroom for
SD TV content.  I am hoping the CrystalHD proves to be all I need to add to
it for HD/h.264 movies I have encoded.  Just wish it had a new nvidia then
it wouldn't need the crystalHD.  So was wonderiing if the new ATV has a gpu
inside or some other chip it's using for dedicated decoding of content.

Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell