[mythtv-users] Mythweb - Recorded Programs - shows file size is "B" bytes!?!?!

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 19:06:55 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Dave Richardson <mythtv at derdev.com> wrote:
> Please pop open the full scale image on this screen scrape.  The image
> shows a Mythweb saying there's a recording with a file size of "B"?
> YIKES!!!
>
> http://mymyttv.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=97497720
>
> My Myth is v0.23 and has been behaving itself for recordings for quite a
> while.  I just noticed this from recordings taken overnight.
>
> BE has plenty of free space, so it's not an out of disk issue.
>
> Thoughts on how to track this down?  TIA!!

I get that when myth is unsuccessful at recording a show.  Typically
(and perhaps the only time) this happens is with failed firewire
captures.  In any event, just delete the recording while choosing to
re-record it.  If you want more details, you may need to look at
backend logs and provide more details to the list as to what capture
method you were using.