[mythtv-users] Just upgraded one front end from .23-fixes to .23.1 now broken

Thomas Mashos tgm4883 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 19:00:24 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 11:43 AM, Thomas Mashos <tgm4883 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 9:58 AM, Brent Bolin <brent.bolin at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Now it can't connect to back end.  Apparently data base versions have
>>> changed.  Can't upgrade backend at this time.
>>>
>>> Is there any way to back out of this?
>>>
>>> Tried changing myth control center back with no success.
>>>

>> Database versions are different? Or Protocol versions are different?
>>
>> There shouldn't be different database schemas in 0.23.x releases
>>

> Yes there should.  That is precisely why 0.23.1 was released.  Both a
> protocol and a database schema change were made IIRC.
>
> Anyways, you can't upgrade only part of the system.  You have to upgrade
> all or none.

True you do have to upgrade every part to the same version (even the same
point release). I just checked and you are right, a database bump could push
it to 0.23.2, but that isn't what happened for 0.23.1. 0.23.1 didn't have
any database schema changes (only a protocol version bump), so either the OP
had a trunk system that upgraded his DB, or he means protocol version
change.