[mythtv-users] Mythweb - Recorded Programs - shows file size is "B" bytes!?!?!

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Sep 3 21:24:24 UTC 2010

  On 09/03/2010 03:03 PM, Dave Richardson wrote:
> Please pop open the full scale image on this screen scrape.  The image
> shows a Mythweb saying there's a recording with a file size of "B"?
> YIKES!!!
>
> http://mymyttv.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=97497720

B = bytes.  KB = kilobytes (technically, kibibytes), MB = megabytes
(mebibytes), GB = gigabytes (gibibytes).

Therefore, B without a number before it means 0 bytes.  I.e. either the
file does not exist, or it exists and has exactly 0 bytes of content.
This happens when your capture card or capture card drivers fail and
don't provide any data for the recording.  MythTV's mythbackend simply
writes whatever data the card gives it, so if the card gives mythbackend
no data, that's what gets written.

> My Myth is v0.23 and has been behaving itself for recordings for quite a
> while.  I just noticed this from recordings taken overnight.
>
> BE has plenty of free space, so it's not an out of disk issue.
>
> Thoughts on how to track this down?  TIA!!

Maybe time for a rescan?  Maybe time to reboot your STB or external
capture device (HD-PVR or HDHR)?  Maybe time to investigate your signal,
cables to the card, antenna, capture card, capture card drivers, ...?

Mike