[mythtv-users] Upgrading from 0.21 to 0.23 what to look out for?

Steve Smith st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 21:59:58 UTC 2010

Folks,

I've just completed the first step in the upgrade path for my myth
box, the OS went from Ubuntu Hardy (8) to the latest Unbuntu 10.0.4.
This is to get hold of QT4 ready for the myth upgrade.

As 0.23 is pretty well established I wonder if anyone can tell me any
potential gotchas I might encounter on the upgrade from 0.21?

A big point to consider is that the box is very low powered by todays
standards (it's a P3 900Mhz maxed out at 512MB RAM), and relies on the
XvMC of the Nvidia 5200 to give it a comfortable margin for playing SD
MPEG2.

Anything to watch out for? Do I need to pass thru 0.22 on the way to
0.23? Would it be a step too far for my creaking hardware?

Advice appreciated.

Cheers

Steve