[mythtv-users] Changed behaviour

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 3 22:52:50 UTC 2010

 I have recently updated my mythtv backend and frontend to 0.23.1.  For
many a year I've always had identical layouts on both machines.  I have
a /mythtv directory on the master backend which get's shared and is
mounted at /mythtv on the frontend.  This has worked great until I
updated to 0.23.1, previously running 0.22.  With this setup Live TV
doesn't work.  After spending several hours trying to figure out why I
can't get live tv to work on the remote frontend, I decided to undo one
thing a time until it started working again.  Earlier I enabled autofs,
which mounts the /mythtv directory on the froentend automatically.
After disabling that, I tried the frontend and LiveTV worked.  So I
figured something was screwy with autofs.  So I  manually mounted the
/myhtv directory and sure enough live tv stopped working again. Were
there any changes that would cause this in 0.23.1.  I've included my
directory layout for reference.

/mythtv
    /lost+found
    /Recordings
    /videos
    /games
    /music
    /usbdrive
    /pictures
    /temp
    /store
        /livetvbuffer

I wonder if the path info matches on both the front and backend if the
frontend tries to read the file directly from the share. Permissions?
The user exists on both machines for the ID the share is mounted under.
Just throwing stuff out there.