[mythtv-users] Changed behaviour

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 01:36:06 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-09-03 at 18:52 -0400, Calvin Harrigan wrote:
> I have recently updated my mythtv backend and frontend to 0.23.1.  For
> many a year I've always had identical layouts on both machines.  I have
> a /mythtv directory on the master backend which get's shared and is
> mounted at /mythtv on the frontend.  This has worked great until I
> updated to 0.23.1, previously running 0.22.  With this setup Live TV
> doesn't work.

Some ideas:

I'd look at your mythfrontend/mythbackend.log files 1st.

Just to be clear, autofs is only running on your frontend and any
entries in fstab for mounting the backend were removed/commented
out after unmounting /mythtv, right?

I mount /var/lib/mythtv/music on my frontend and backend from my nas0
box (as of today using autofs thanks to your and John Drescher's posts.)

But, while setting it up, I did manage to cover up all of
/var/lib/mythtv for a while.  It might help to post your
/etc/auto.* files too.

I also noted that statd fails to start on my backend, so you might
see if its running on your frontend.  If it isn't running,
my automounts failed.

Finally, how about an ls -l /mythtv/store/livetvbuffer from both
machines during the failure.  I'm assuming thats where your
storage group for LiveTV is pointing.

Good luck,

Bill Meek