[mythtv-users] Need help with FE font problems

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 16:08:12 UTC 2010

I have my BE/FE set up with a CRT monitor running 1280 x 1024.

I have <Option "DPI" "100x100"?> in my xorg.conf (without the angle brackets!).

Problem #1: Even if I go in to the frontend setup and shrink the fonts
to 2, 4, and 6 instead of 6, 8, and 10, the text is too long in
numerous places for the whole message to fit.  This appears to be true
for all of the themes I have tried, including Terra (Widescreen),
MythCenter-wide (Widescreen), and MythCenter.

For example, when setting up a recording, in the Schedule Options
screen, for the duplicates control, all I can see is "Match duplicates
using subtitle &...", "Match duplicates using subtitle th...", etc.

What (if anything) haven't I adjusted that will make the entire message fit?

Problem #2: Well, really it may be just an observation/annoyance,
unless it bears on Problem #1 above.  When I look at the messages put
in the log for mythfrontend, there are a _lot_ of them like the
following:

2010-09-05 10:56:51.223 MythFontProperties, Error: Failed to load
'Arial', got 'Liberation Sans' instead
                        Location: /usr/share/mythtv/themes/Terra/base.xml @ 14
                        Name: 'baselarge'       Type: 'font'
2010-09-05 10:56:51.228 MythFontProperties, Error: Failed to load
'Arial', got 'Liberation Sans' instead
                        Location: /usr/share/mythtv/themes/Terra/base.xml @ 18
                        Name: 'baseextralarge'  Type: 'font'

How do I satisfy the failed searching for Arial fonts?

Craig.