[mythtv-users] How to update channels for HDHR scanned from scte65scan? [SOLVED]

Dave Richardson mythtv at derdev.com
Sun Sep 5 17:12:57 UTC 2010

On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 12:15:33 -0500, Dave Richardson <mythtv at derdev.com>
wrote:
> I'm pretty sure some of my Comcast channels are changing frequencies -
> Comcast must be tuning up for the new broadcast seasons.
>
> What's the correct procedure to rescan and re-apply the channel
> information via scte65scan so that the new freq's can be added?
>
> I don't mind doing manual updates in mysql since there are only a few to
> update, however I'm nervous about mucking with the tables without an
> example.  THANKS!

OK, so I took a backup and started working through the issues.  Turns out,
I only had two channels that needed to be fixed and the fixes weren't too
difficult.

Since I've asked this question twice on this list, I wanted to (verbosely)
document what I did to fix my cases.

http://mymyttv.webs.com/apps/blog/show/4714303-mythtv-scte65scan-updating-existing-channel-frequencies

Someone with a better understanding of what this meant might be able to
condense this to a WIKI page on Mythtv.  Or, someone could contact me
offline with comments on how to better update this and I'll try the Wiki
page myself.

Constructive comments appreciated!!!!  thanks.