[mythtv-users] Miro

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 20:14:34 UTC 2010

I've been playing around with miro today (or trying)..  It is telling
me that all of my storage directories must be under my main mythvideo
directory and errors out:

Type: Default     - SG-YES - Directory: (/Media/mythtv/recordings/)
Type: Cover art   - SG-YES - Directory: (/Media/mythtv/coverart/)
Type: Fan art     - SG-YES - Directory: (/Media/mythtv/fanart/)
Type: Banners     - SG-YES - Directory: (/Media/mythtv/banners/)
Type: Screenshots - SG-YES - Directory: (/Media/mythtv/screenshots/)
Type: Video       - SG-YES - Directory: (/Media/mythtv/videos/)

2010-09-05 15:11:50,576 - mirobridge - CRITICAL - All Mythvideo only
configuration (all) directories () must be a subrirectory of the
MythVideo base directory (/Media/mythtv/videos/).

Am I reading this right?  all of my coverart/fanart, etc folders have
to be inside the main Video folder.  That is really going to populate
my mythvideo screen with a lot fo stuff I do not want displayed there.
 Hopefully I am reading it wrong?

Is there a technical reason that anyone knows of for why it is this
way, or can I go ahead and modify it safely to work with my
directories the way they are?

-Greg