[mythtv-users] HD playback on Myth, 0-23-fixes

Liam Friel liam.friel at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 21:47:52 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have an Acer Revo 3610, about 6 months old. It has dual-core Atom 330 with
NVIDIA ION chipset of some recent vintage ... according to the forums (I
think) this should work fine.

I confess to not having checked the gory details, since I am not super
familiar with the myth frontend ... I was happily using only the xbmc
frontend with the myth backend, until I embarked recently on trying to get
DVB-T working ... this was with the standard Ubuntu binary install which is
currently myth 0.22

Nor did I pay huge attention when building the 0-23-fixes branch. I took
defaults for everything.

On the frontend, I have tried all variants (on the UI) of Playback setting
for VDPAU and one or two of the non-VDPAU settings. None of these seem to
make any obvious difference to my playback troubles.

I am sure you're right and it's just a FE issue since recordings will both
playback in XBMC, and play find in XBMC when streamed by the myth backend...
but I don't yet know what bits of it to tweak on the UI (or when building)
to make this go away ...