[mythtv-users] Miro

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 15:36:28 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 7:05 AM, Martin Miller <mgm123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I am at a total loss here, how exactly did you get it to work?
>
> My mirobridge output is
>
> Type: Default     - SG-YES - Directory: (/mnt/mythtv/recordings/)
> Type: Cover art   - SG-YES - Directory: (/mnt/mythtv/coverart/)
> Type: Fan art     - SG-YES - Directory: (/mnt/mythtv/fanart/)
> Type: Banners     - SG-YES - Directory: (/mnt/mythtv/banners/)
> Type: Screenshots - SG-YES - Directory: (/mnt/mythtv/screenshots/)
> Type: Video       - SG-YES - Directory: (/mnt/mythtv/)
>
> And then the same critical error
>
> I use storage groups so I have no directories listed in Mythvideo.
> My actual video files are softlinked within /mnt/mythtv/
>
> Any suggestions on how to organize my directories Local vs. SG, because
> right now I just have Miro downloading straight into the Default SG eg.
> /mnt/mythtv/recordings . But it is quite a hassle to fill in metadata on
> obscure internet videos :(
>
> My Myth version is 23.1+fixes
>
> Best regards
> - M
>
> On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 1:19 AM, Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 6:04 PM, Christopher Kerr <mythtv at theseekerr.com>
>> wrote:

>> > Unless I'm forgetting something, MythVideo only shows folders which
>> > contain videos, so I can't see it being a problem?
>> >

>> Ahhh, I did not know that!  I may rework my storage groups sometime in
>> the future.  Just changing miro to not just use mythvideo was a
>> workaround.  I do not mind accessing it from the recordings screen.

When you set it up initially, you may have done what I did and select
"skip the recordings screen and place videoes directly in mythvideo"
(or something close to that)..  This puts a line in the .conf file
like: [mythvideo only] - just delete that entry and move the titles to
another menu entry and then run the check.  For soem reason the
mythvideo only check does not like the {banner|coverart|, etc...}
folders to not be *under* the video folder...

I had to pause all of the downloads yesterday since people are over
for the holiday, but I'll play with it some more tomorrow as well..

-Greg