[mythtv-users] MythVideo and .24

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 17:50:06 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 10:46 AM, MacNean Tyrrell <dardack at gmail.com> wrote:

> Trying to setup jamu.py now, pita imo but w/e.  I may have mistaken an i for
> a t, but I know the directory  that mythtv was looking for for the py script
> did not exist in .24 but did in .23.

jamu is an external script having nothing to do with core myth.  It is
optional, and has not moved since we first added it to Myth.
MythVideo will handle Metadata on its own, without Jamu, just fine.
In trunk/the future .24, MythVideo will also do all metadata lookups
automatically after a scan.

In short, you don't need Jamu, MythVideo handles metadata just fine
without it, and actually does a number of things better.  Jamu is
there to add one or two niceties that are still not in code, but
largely it is unnecessary.

Robert