[mythtv-users] Zotac ZBox HD-ID11-U (ION 2?)ships

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 21:14:18 UTC 2010

back to the topic at hand:

Now that thread is a bit older, has anyone actually tried myth on one of
these?  My wife put an iron on top of the zotac ion machine in our bedroom,
and the water that dripped out seems to have trashed the system (water ran
out of the case when I picked it up to see what's wrong).  I'm looking for a
replacement, and for the price, this seems to be the best thing going at the
moment.  This thread seemed to devolve into discussions for how to translate
video for an Acer Revo (which I have also looked for, but I cannot seem to
find not bundled with mouse, keyboard, windows, etc. for less than $350).

So has anyone bought one of these, stuck a couple gigs of ram in it and
tried it out with mythbuntu 10.04 or something running myth .23?  Any leads
on an Acer Revo for cheap?  Money being no object, is there a reason to get
an Acer Revo over this Zotac Box?

Thanks,

 Josh