[mythtv-users] Down grade from 0.24 trunk to 0.23.1 on Mythbuntu Lucid

malcolm malcolm.torrent at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 18:13:34 UTC 2010

On 06/09/10 14:15, Scott wrote:
> A Live CD of Mythbuntu 10.04 LTS? Can this be "upgraded" to current trunk packages using apt-get and the 0.24 PPA or is it a read only thing?

I tried this last weekend on my stock Mythbuntu 10.04 system as an
experiment.
I'm totally paranoid so this is what I did.

a. clone MBE OS disk using g4l
b. make sure all FE are OFF and no programme are due to be recorded!
c. replace OS disk with clone, reboot
d. change autobuild config and 'upgrade'
e. database update etc.
f. config and test MBE/FE .
g. repeat for all FEs.

my plan fell apart at 'e.' but I think that was of my own making as I
was mucking about with some other stuff at the same time. But in theory
this should worked. Even though I failed I was back up and running on
the original OS disk in 5min and live to try again another rainy weekend.