[mythtv-users] Can I mythexport without transcoding?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 21:57:29 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 3:58 PM, John Baab <john.baab at gmail.com> wrote:

> When you setup your user job in mythexport there will be a symlink
> option, which will simply create a link to the original recording and
> populate the RSS feed with the recording information.

Very awesome, that is exactly what I'm looking for. I didn't even notice it
as an option when I set things up. My first attempt failed with the
following error:

September  7 17:23:14
cornholio.umassmed.edu/usr/bin/mythexport-daemon[1733]: ERROR: No
resulting file from ffmpeg, most
likely your ffmpeg failed.  Enable debugging and test by hand. at line 533
in /usr/bin/mythexport-daemon

I don't have time to look at it at the moment but will follow up when I have
more info. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!