[mythtv-users] Database update

Joe Henley joehenley at kc.rr.com
Tue Sep 7 23:14:18 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm upgrading my Myth "system" from version 0.21 to 0.23.1.  It's being
driven mostly by hardware changes, but I also think it's time to clean
it up a bit.  So I'm not keeping and updating the database, I'm
rebuilding it all from scratch.

It's pretty well set and I've found descriptions of how to reload the
data base with music file info and recorded program info.  All the
(hardware) settings are being manually loaded as there is alot of new
hardware and many of these settings are "garbagy" due to prior goofs.

I just realized I want to keep my history of shows watched (so it
doesn't re-record them) and I would like to keep my list of programs to
record.  I've dug thru the database (used phpMyAdmin) and found the
following tables which I think contain all the info I need.
oldrecorded
record
recorded
recordedprogram

These tables exist in both the 0.21 and 0.23.1 databases.  I'm a
complete novice with MySQL.  Could someone please help me with whether
these are all I'll need to transfer and also with how I would go about
transferring the data.

Thanks for any and all help!

Joe Henley