[mythtv-users] Possible to use a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 950Q with MythTV?

Adam Jimerson vendion at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 02:42:00 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 10:06 PM, David Lasker <dave at altosdesign.com> wrote:

> On 9/7/2010 15:29, Adam Jimerson wrote:
> >Ok so I can get audio to work with tvtime using hw:2,0 but the trick is
> >getting that in a format MythTv likes, any help?
>
> You are not limited to the items in the list. You can type in anything you
> want. So just type in
>
> ALSA:hw:2,0
>
> Dave

Ok still not getting audio from TV though, for this card do I need to select
the option to not adjust the volume?  The only reason I ask is because I
tried every combination of things for the audio device (ALSA:hw:2,0, hw:2,0,
/dev/adsp2, /dev/audio2, /dev/mixer2) I know they are all for the 950Q
because when I unplug the card those devices are not listed under /dev
anymore but none of them produce any sound.