[mythtv-users] Mythexport's RSS feed pointing to wrong directory

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 14:13:15 UTC 2010

I've finally gotten Mythexport to work on my home BE. I can successfully
transcode a recording to an Android-friendly format and it shows up in the
web interface. However, there seems to be a problem with the virtual
directory the RSS feed is serving up.

If I go to the RSS Feed menu it shows my media file, but it links to
http://magic/mythexport/video/WCVBDT-General_Hospital--20100827150000.mp4with
a 404. The file actually lives one level deeper at
http://magic/mythexport/video/mythexport/WCVBDT-General_Hospital--20100827150000.mp4(which
I can get to via my browser). When browsing that folder it appears
that /video is my /var/lib/mythtv directory. So, for some reason mythexport
is adding a virtual directory as mythexport/video when it should be adding
it as just the root of /mythexport, or the root of /mythexport/video should
be pointing to /var/lib/mythtv/mythexport in the filesystem.

Mythexport is set to store exported recordings at
/var/lib/mythtv/mythexport. I tried changing this to /var/lib/mythtv/ for
the heck of it to see if the virtual directory would change, but it did not.
I've poked around the configuration files and the cgi files symlinked in
/var/www and could not find anything obvious. For what it's worth, the two
symlinks in /var/www are:
mythexport -> /usr/share/mythtv/mythexport
and
mythweb -> /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.