[mythtv-users] First DVB-T2 tuner announced - Hauppauge PCTV Nanostick T2 290e

Steve Netting steve at moonfoundation.com
Wed Sep 8 14:40:49 UTC 2010

<snip>

>> Excellent news!  I wonder if a) they'll release a PCI version and b) how
>> much work will be required under Linux to support these devices?
>>
> Why would you need a PCI version? Have you run out of USB ports?

I prefer devices to be self-contained in my media centre box; not relying
on external USB connections.  The only things I use USB for are
wireless keyboard/mouse and occasional backup to a USB drive.

I'm happy with USB on the desktop where quick connect/disconnect is useful
but I tend to avoid USB on anything server related.

Steve