[mythtv-users] Page isn't redirecting properly

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Wed Sep 8 14:51:03 UTC 2010

> From all the replies under here, it looks like you have an invalid
> Input Connections configuration.  I recommend doing both the capture
> card and video sources portion of
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 , and
> then reconfigure.

At this time, I rebuilt the machine with only an Hauppauge HVR-1600 ATSC tuner/capture card.
I only want to pick up local ATSC channels and use the input on the card to encode captured video.
I've followed notes on adding the cards analog and digital sides but must have messed something up.

> Also, make sure your /tmp directory is writable and has sufficient
> space for a few megabytes of data.

Yes, it is writable and lots of free space.

> Oh, and it sounds like you need 2 MythTV video sources--one for your
> digital capture card, and one for your analog encoder cards.  You only
> need one Schedules Direct account.

In the Capture cards section, I have two entries, one for /dev/video0 and another for /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0.
The problem is likely in the Input Connections section where I have 6 entries.

I've deleted all entries in all screens and restarted from scratch.
Everything populated.

Thanks very much for the input, I've learned some things such as don't simply rebuild when things get fun :).

Now I need to find more information on how to capture and turn on s-video output to watch live-tv.