[mythtv-users] Advice on small FE, please

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Sep 8 15:28:46 UTC 2010

On Wednesday, September 08, 2010 09:24:12 am George Poulson wrote:
> On 8 September 2010 14:00, MacNean Tyrrell <dardack at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Curious, are these  Zotac board that much better than the ION in the Acer
> > Revo 1600?  And can you build it for less than $200?
>
> I've not had much chance to do any kind of benchmarking but the Zotac
> system certainly "feels" quite a bit faster than my Revo 1600 (both are
> running MythBuntu), although I have used a solid state drive with the
> Zotac board.

I think the primary storage device (aka hard drive) is probably the weakest link in terms of performance in many systems
these days.

Comparing an SSD to the 2.5" drive that comes in a Revo is comparing the best to the worst possible storage systems.

If the SSD did not "feel" faster I would return it.