[mythtv-users] ESPN3/360 in Myth

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Sep 8 15:55:02 UTC 2010

On Monday, September 06, 2010 11:45:32 am Tyler T wrote:
> > We'd all like to see accelerated flash decoding, but I don;t expect it
> > anytime soon, if ever.
>
> It is already supported under Windows, actually. Unfortunately,
> if/when Adobe will support it under Linux is anybody's guess.
>
> "Broadcom hardware decoding of H.264 video in Flash Player 10.1 is
> supported on the Broadcom BCM70012 as well as the BCM70015 video
> decoding chipsets, found in systems with Broadcom Crystal HD Enhanced
> Video Accelerator hardware." --
> http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/systemreqs/

"decoding of H.264 video in Flash Player 10.1" would seem to be simply adding functionality to the Flash player. The
Crystal HD can of course decode h264, the problem is flash.

It still isn't a hardware decoding for flash, it's just adding something to the player, and more or less admitting that
flash stinks.