[mythtv-users] CF card adapter Hard Drive

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Wed Sep 8 20:55:25 UTC 2010

On 8 Sep 2010, at 20:43, Richard Morton wrote:

> I have noticed a significant reduction in lag between user input and
> response on screen since moving from a 8gb USB stick to a compact
> flash.

Interesting comment, I've just moved from HDD to booting from USB flash and recording to nfs, really noticing the lag now! I have an IDE to CF adaptor but I discovered that not all CF cards can be made bootable, the only one I have that's bootable is 8MB, barely big enough for a modern kernel and guaranteed bootable CF cards are rather expensive.

Which type of CF do you have and did you have to mess with manufacturers utils to make it bootable?

Andre