[mythtv-users] Most Cost Effective Portable Frontend

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Thu Sep 9 12:07:09 UTC 2010

---- Original Message -----
From: Brian Fischer
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 2:43 PM
Subject: [mythtv-users] Most Cost Effective Portable Frontend

I've been very happy with some 3 yr old Dell D830 Latitude's running vdpau, (normal not high vdpau) 15.4" with 1920x1200 displays.
Can dock to DVI  and then HDMI.  Cost likely much more favourable.  Need 2G RAM and the NVS-140M video card version.  I've posted
previously.  Whether extra cost (significant?) justifies the small improvement that high vdpau has, is for you to decide. (Not to
mention the 1920x1200 screens are hard to get in 15.4".)  Can also get a 2nd modular battery if wants.  N WiFi is a better option to
consider.  I've got 2.0 and 2.2 C2D CPU's, they were available upto 2.6, however so long as all your apps run in vdpau, 2.0 is
heaps.  Game over.