[mythtv-users] TV Tuners in MythTV for Windows

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Sep 10 02:56:20 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-09-05 at 23:28 -0600, Robert Johnston wrote:
> >> 2. IPTV. Potentially.
> >
> > Nope, iptv lib isn't even compiled on Windows.
>
> Really? I can't think of any technical reason why it wouldn't be. Is
> there a problem compiling liblivemedia under Windows or something?
> It's only sockets, after all, and Cygwin/MinGW's sockets
> implementation is pretty much ok.

I didn't know the lib wasn't compiled under MS Windows. It may just
have been disabled for expediency when porting. It wouldn't be hard to
modify ./configure to allow it and then see if there were any compile
or run time issues. It should be a fairly simple to get it working.

HDHomeRun did work at some point, but I haven't checked if it still
works on Windows or OSX in years.

>From the MythTV perspective there just don't seem to be many people
interested in using those operating systems, especially as backends.
But of course this may simply be because MythTV isn't as polished
there as on Linux and we don't have any automated builds for those
OS's so trunk builds are sometimes broken for weeks at a time, so
it's hard for a new dev to get started polishing up MythTV on those
operating systems... chicken meet egg.

-- Daniel