[mythtv-users] Automatically pausing playback

Wayne Thomas waynethomas69 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 15:09:16 UTC 2010

>> >From the shell:
>>    echo -e "key p\nexit\n" | netcat your_frontend_hostname 6546
>>

> But if playback hasn't started, won't this start it?

echo -e "play speed pause\nexit\n" | nc your_frontend_hostname 6546

or you could use "query location" first to check if it is playing back
or not and carry out the appropriate action.  This is how I display
the volume of my amp when I change it; if playback is underway I use
mythtvosd, if in any other screen I use osd_cat (mythtvosd only works
during playback and osd_cat doesn't clear during playback).

Cheers
Wayne