[mythtv-users] Still no sound in MythTV with WinTV-HVR 950Q

Adam Jimerson vendion at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 17:47:15 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 12:30 PM, David Lasker <dave at altosdesign.com> wrote:

> On Sep 10, 2010, 5:49 AM, vendion at gmail wrote:
> >Ok so I'm still fighting with MythTv to get audio from my cable connection
>
> Your screenshot shows your audio device as
>
> ALSA:hw;2,0
>
> Shouldn't that be
>
> ALSA:hw:2,0
>
> Does audio work with other mythtv input sources on your setup? Are you
> using
> latest V4L drivers?
>
> Hope that helps...
>
> Dave

Well thanks for pointing out that typo, but that doesn't seem to be the only
thing wrong here.  I'm not exactly sure what you mean my other mythtv input
sources, but I do know audio works with the devices because I was able to
get it to work with tvtime.  Also how can i be sure I have the latest V4L
drivers installed, in Arch I have v4l-utils 0.8.1-1 installed and the 2.5.35
kernel installed.