[mythtv-users] Please advice low-profile hybrid tunercard with MPEG decoder

Oleg Shirochenkov o.shirochenkov at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 10:33:40 UTC 2010

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 03:53, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:

> Do you mean MPEG2 encoder?  If not, you really don't want to be using such
> "full featured" cards.  Use a normal video card for output.

I'm sorry, sure, MPEG2 encoder.

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 06:06, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:

> You need to browse the wiki pages under here:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Video_capture_cards
> where a large number of video capture cards are described.

I did it.
Not all of them are low-profile, GNU/Linux support of analog tuners is low.
I have found Beholder X7, but MPEG2 encoder unsupported.
Hauppauge HVR-2250 is great, but analog tuner almost not working and there
is no support for SECAM.
It's not easy to find some "special low-profile" cards saling on ebay.
I really don't know already how to find the right choice and get rid of
Windows.