[mythtv-users] Multi-Input Cards

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Sat Sep 11 13:59:12 UTC 2010

>> Bear in mind that most cards that have what you would consider
>> "multiple inputs" actually only have a single video decoder.  So for a

Yes, I am aware of this. I was sure that most cheap multi-input video security cards share the encoding.
It is not for a commercial application, it's that I would like to have multiple video sources as I have three satellite receivers, media servers, and several video cameras around the house. I'm trying to find a way to consolidate these things but in a way that gives me a nice high resolution solution. Currently, I'm just using a bunch of mono pico-macom modulators which doesn't do anything I own justice. It allows me to tune into what ever I need from anywhere in the house but doesn't give me full graphics.