[mythtv-users] Multi-Input Cards

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Sat Sep 11 14:33:09 UTC 2010

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 10:02 AM, mike at grounded.net <mike at grounded.net> wrote:
>> For SD analog input, the Hauppauge PVR-500 should fit the bill.  It
>> has two encoders and is well supported.
>
> The description is a bit confusing to me. It does say two encoders and two tuners but it's not clear is the encoders are being used specifically for each tuner as opposed to available as an input. Also, could one use, two, even three of these in one box?

The onboard encoder will work with whatever input is selected (whether
that be the tuner, composite, or s-video).  The PVR-500 has two
encoders, and for each encoder you can choose between one of the two
tuner inputs, composite inputs, or s-video inputs.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com