[mythtv-users] Add DVB-T on the wiki

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Sat Sep 11 16:47:00 UTC 2010

On 09/11/2010 07:59 AM, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> OK, thanks for your reply, I will add some dmesg and lsusb info on the
> linuxtv wiki.
>
> Best regards.
>
> 2010/9/11 Nicolas Will <nico at youplala.net>:
>> On Sat, 2010-09-11 at 13:34 +0200, Josu Lazkano wrote:
>>
>> Hello everybody! I want to contribute to the wiki adding my DVB-T
>> tunner, I add this: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Kworld_DVBT-399U
>>
>> I don't wite as good as I want in english, so I need your help. I have
>> Debian Squeeze with debian-multimedia repository, I just download the
>> dvb-usb-af9015.fw firmware on /lib/firmware/ and it work.
>>
>> What more info could I add? It is dual tunner and it works great
>> watching different channel on different fronteds.
>>
>> I can not edit http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Video_capture_cards
>>
>> Thanks and regards.
>>

>> My opinion, and I wil stand by it, is that information about TV devices
>> shoudl not be duplicated on the MythTV wiki.
>>
>> Their natural place, and the reference in any case, is always the wiki
>> closer to actual driver development:
>>
>> http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
>>
>> The page you are trying to create on the MythTV wiki exists over there:
>>
>> http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-T_USB_Devices
>>
>> Nico

If you do move the tuner stuff to the linuxTV wiki, please put a link to it in the MythTV wiki.

As a user, I suffered a long time not knowing the linuxTV wiki existed.

I understand that one would want to avoid duplication, but having related necessary information scattered on different sites
tends to make it hard to follow.