[mythtv-users] MythTV setup - no database

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Sat Sep 11 23:11:20 UTC 2010

Len Lawrence wrote:
> I am a complete mythtv newbie and need a lot of help.  Here are my
> experiences so far.
>
> System = Mandriva 2009.1, 2.6.29.1-desktop-4mnb

Len,

You'll want to start out with running at least Mandriva 2010.0, if not
2010.1 to get up-to-date packages of Myth .23 fixes.

How are you planning on using the system?  Dedicated back end (BE), and
combo Front End/Back End?

If you're looking for it to be a combo machine, I'd suggest that you use
a light weight desktop, such as LXDE, it comes along with KDE and Gnome
on both the 2010.0 and 2010.1 DVDs

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote: