[mythtv-users] MythTV setup - no database

Mitch Capper mitch.capper at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 23:37:35 UTC 2010

You most likely want a combo mythbackend and mythfrontend.  The mythbackend
is what actually records programs, tunes the card, gets the guide data etc
the only reason you wouldn't want this is if you are going to be interacting
with a mythbackend on another machine.  The mythfrontend is what is used for
actually watching recordings, the GUI, etc so if you want to watch TV
directly on the box through mythtv you need this.

~Mitch