[mythtv-users] OT: RAID rebuild with the wrong partition

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 15:49:46 UTC 2010

> Hmmm...on second read of your message, it sounds like you've already managed
> to get the arrays back together again with the right members, and now you're
> just deailing with the filesystem.  Doing an XFS repair from a live CD seems
> logical, although I'm afraid that if the md3 array was already re-built and
> synced with an incorrect member, the damage may already be done, and you may
> have to restore from backups, depending on how bad it is.

I am still confused how this could possibly happen. I mean syncing for
a raid 1 would be choosing 1 of the array members and copying all of
the data to the other member. If the source was a disk in the raid6
array then md3 would be totally unreadable. If the source was from the
original array then no corruption would occur.

John