[mythtv-users] What's the best Linux variant to use for a full wipe and reload?

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 13 13:47:36 UTC 2010

On 13 September 2010 13:41, bhaskins <bhaskins at chartermi.net> wrote:
> Glen Hawksworth wrote:
>>>
>>> ...and roll out Fedora 14 instead, and have a
>>> whole 13 more months before EOL).
>>>
>>> Then there's always a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 clone...
>>> ...Then you have 7-10 years before EOL. :)
>>>

>> **Stands up and yells from the back**
>>
>> ...there is also Ubuntu 10.04LTS which is still good for another 2.5
>> years
>>

> And just maybe they might get the laptop hibernation crash fixed
> during that time.
> Not even close after six months.
>>
>> **gets stuff thrown at him by the other distro users so sits back down**
>>
>> ;-)

7-10 year O/S upgrade cycle

Surely by then we'll all have....

32 core processors

http://www.intel.com/pressroom/archive/releases/2010/20100531comp.htm

with 2tb SSD drives

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/06/2tb-ssd-runs-crazy-fast-burns-desks/

in a android portable form factor with a foldable OLED display

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X4thQ-JrKw

That we can use anywhere and only costs $500

Ho Hum