[mythtv-users] Activating TV out o0n Matrox G400

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Sep 13 14:32:25 UTC 2010

On Monday, September 13, 2010 08:15:31 am Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 11 September 2010 08:05, mike at grounded.net <mike at grounded.net> wrote:
> > I see that this card is very well supported on mythtv and I'm hoping to
> > activate it's s-video out port.
>
> supported 20 years ago maybe :)

Oh come on, the card was released in 1999, and can still be purchased today for $29 (with a whopping 16MB of RAM).

Granted it's not the latest and greatest technology, but it's certainly not unreasonable to want to get it to work today.

I haven't followed this tread, but I assume the OP has checked this out:

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/tvout.html

Unfortunately this discussion centers around the "new" 2.4 kernels.

I would suggest a newer VDPAU-capable card would probably be the way to go, they are available in PCI versions.