[mythtv-users] Still no sound in MythTV with WinTV-HVR 950Q

Adam Jimerson vendion at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 18:49:02 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 10:43 AM, Adam Jimerson <vendion at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sunday 12 September 2010 8:57:34 pm Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> > > As I said in my last email I tested with two AVI files, both had audio
> > > (although in one only the music and sound effects were audible does not
> > > happen in any other media player).  In alsamixer all my channels are
> > > enabled except for my HDMI, using the open source Radeon driver it
> > > doesn't work anyways, and the volume on all channels is up all the way.
> >
> > Great.  Now the question is, do your recordings have audio or not?
>  Because
> > I suspect that the problem is in the audio capture, not the audio
> playback
> > in your case.
> >
> > Kevin
>
> I have not tried to do any recordings yet but with viewing live TV under
> Mythtv there is no audio.  I'll go throught the logs after watching some TV
> and after recording a show, and post some details from the log.

Ok so looking at the log after doing a recording pointed out the problem,
after making the changes to the backend, to correct my typo of "ALSA:hw;2,0"
to "ALSA:hw:2,0" was not applied when exiting mythtv-setup.  The log said it
was still trying to open "hw;2,0" which of course failed, so after
restarting the backend by hand and fighting the front end, the TV keep
timing out about 4 or 5 times before it worked I now have audio in MythTv
thank you everyone for your help.