[mythtv-users] Is Kworld Dual DVB-T PCI TV Card compatible with MythTv

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Tue Sep 14 11:58:57 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 7:39 AM, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I have a USB version of the Kworld dual tuner. I had lots of
> problems using both adapters at same time. I have no enought technical
> capacity to resolve it. I use to deactivate the EIT active scan.
>
> It would be great to write all experience on the LinuxTV wiki.
>
> Thanks and regards.

Please bear in mind that there are *DOZENS* of different KWorld
products, many of them named "Dual DVB-T PCI TV Card".  It is
commonplace for vendors to come out with new versions of a card with a
completely different chipset while keeping the same base product name.

In other words, if you are going to write anything on the LinuxTV
Wiki, please be specific, including the PCI/USB ID of the device.

You cannot make any assumptions about other cards a vendor sells, or
other people's experiences with similar cards, since the only factor
that effects the quality of support for a given card is the quality of
the drivers for the underlying chipsets.

Saying things like "KWorld USB product XYZ works well therefore random
KWorld card ABC I want to buy should work fine" is completely invalid.

Cheers,

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs