[mythtv-users] BackEnd Unresponsive After Deleting Recording 0.23.1 w/ new SBE

James Crow crow.jamesm at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 12:33:59 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 9:57 PM, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:
> * On Mon Sep 13, 2010 at 08:59:07AM -0400, James Crow wrote:
>> I have set my logging to -v network,extra,socket as per ticket 7608. I
>> will see how long the MBE stays up. I am not the original person that
>> opened ticket 7608. Once I have the log files should I add my logs to
>> that ticket or open a new one?
>
> If you can get MBE and SBE logs of the problem occurring, then go ahead
> and attach them to the ticket and I'll take a look.  If they don't appear
> related in the end, they can be moved to another ticket.
>
> --
> Chris

I have over 100MB of log from my MBE from yesterday. I need to cut out
the parts that are not needed. It is hard to say exactly when the
problem started. Yesterday morning I deleted my tuners and added them
back in a different order. This seemed to help a little because the
MBE ran for ~13 hours before I had to restart. Even when the MBE was
running things were not right. When first accessing the view
recordings screen it took several seconds. Normally it is
instantaneous. When watching a recording the remote button presses
(skip forward, back, etc) might take 10-30 seconds to actually produce
a result. When first starting a recording, the video and audio would
freeze for a second or two and then play for half a second. Freeze,
play, freeze, play for a minute or longer before audio and video
smoothed out. During one of these freeze, play cycles I pulled up htop
from my laptop. There was a mythcommflag process eating away ~80% of
one core out of four, but mythbackend and mythfrontend were barely
above 0. They hovered around 3-7% and I think the other cores were
most likely under clocked to 800MHz.

I have plenty of logs of the problem, but I don't think anyone wants
200MB of log files. If you can let me know what to cut out, I will do
it and upload the logs to trac.

Today as a second test I shutdown my SBE and will verify that the MBE
returns to normal.

Thanks,
James