[mythtv-users] OT: Google - big brother? or I going mad?

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Tue Sep 14 14:08:28 UTC 2010

> What's the Google "worst case scenario" that's keeping you
> (collective, not personal "you") up at night?

For most, there's nothing to hide but it doesn't give ANYONE the right to stalk electronically which is what all of these companies are doing. Through corroborative efforts, they are able to practically piece your life together, every little ounce of it to the point where it's ridiculous. Think of all the little innocent poles you've replied to online, innocent little things that in total, give a total view of your beliefs, your likes, dislikes.

Come on, when are people going to wake up and realize what's going on? Whether there is something to 'fear' or not, who wants that kind of world? Are governments going to invest into companies like google because they can do a better job of spying then their own resources can? If it's not already happening, it's only a matter of time and that's not paranoia, it's simply what we're all allowing it to be.